Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Vinyl, Now With Score!

I'm on a roll here, 2nd week in a row I kept reminding myself to blog and forgot to.  Last week was a pretty productive week for me as well.

The main thing I worked on was implementing the "History of Vinyl" bar visual (temporary for us to test with) and functionality, which functions as our score for the game.  Playing well will increase the audio quality and visuals and vice versa.  In the end the bar won't be visible at all so that players will hear their score.  Hitting obstacles decreases your score, while hitting filters, looping successfully, and avoiding obstacles gives you score.  One future change might be to add a streak mechanic where avoiding obstacles without hitting any increases how much they're worth.

I also implemented a scratch resource so that you can now only scratch for 20 seconds.  This will likely be a number based off the length of the song and we're also thinking of adding a collectible that would slightly replenish this resource.

Finally, I also made it so that instead of our singular obstacle we now have three distinct ones so that they can all behave and look different.

No comments:

Post a Comment