Thursday, January 17, 2013

Game Pitching, the Results!

So after the pitching on Tuesday, today we got feedback from the professors on each pitch, which was really nice to hear.  In my case, Roger even went as far to say that my modifications to the rogue-like formula were "genius", which was pretty awesome.  They did feel that the High Fantasy aspects of the game were over used and didn't really bring anything to the game which I agreed with.  I've always used it for the example since everyone will understand it, but I feel like the game could work with almost any setting since it's so flexible.  We then got the rather shocking announcement that they weren't going to pick which games we'd as we'd expect them to.  Instead, it was up to all of us to figure out which game we were going to work on with the one restriction that teams had to be more than 5 people, but less than 12.

As of this point, the three games that have enough people on them are Cellblock, Vinyl, and Fus-Fus with around 9 people who still aren't on a team that's large enough.  At this point it's unclear if those 9 will come onto one of the three current teams, or if another game will be added to the group.  Sadly, my game didn't draw enough attention despite several people saying they were interested in it.  I'm really not that upset about it since I feel that so many of the games had a lot of promise and that any of them could have resulted in a game I'd be happy to work on.

I'm on the Vinyl team since I do have a music background and I also feel like it has the potential to be a really awesome game.  I'm a little unsure of how we're going to get the ball rolling on this, but I think the consensus between the current engineers on the team is to work on the string grinding first.  I'm really excited for the brass instrument section with the player flying through the tubes, it's going to be a lot of fun both to play and program I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment