Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Friendly Frogs Post-Mortem

Well, the third prototype is now over and based on the amount of questions we got I think the clients enjoyed what we came up with.  And in the end, despite any troubles we may have had over the 4 weeks (and there WERE troubles) I think our end product is actually very similar to the goal we set in the first place.

During the post-mortem the group agreed that the biggest issue for us was not a lack of communication, but there being too much miscommunication.  Several time people would talk about or even code up or just simply not know how a section of the game was supposed to behave.  Inevitably I have to fault our producer on this as in the end, I felt more like the producer of this project, which was incredibly hard to balance with my engineering duties as well.  On the plus side, it was a glimpse into what it's like being a designer/producer. And while I loved the design aspect of shaping the game into what I wanted it to me like, the production role was not enjoyable.

Despite everything that happened though, I'm very happy with our end product and I feel like I learned a ton of things this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment